Consultant – Public Affairs & Strategic Communications
Position: Consultant – Public Affairs & Strategic Communications
Reports to: UK Managing Director
Do you want to work in a fast-paced role combining corporate communications, policy campaigning and public affairs?
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge at a growing consultancy that advises some of the world’s biggest companies and is expanding its UK team?
If so, Fourtold could be the place for you.
We are seeking a Consultant to support our policy, public affairs, and campaigning work for a growing number of UK, EU, and international clients.
You’ll be a vital member of the team working across clients, new business and developing our growing team, responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of several accounts, providing them with high quality work, insight, analysis and strategic advice;
- Sharing media, political and industry insight that relates to our clients and prospects;
- drafting well-written long and short form copy for press releases, letters, social media and briefing papers;
- Building your network of journalists, parliamentary researchers and industry contacts, sharing intelligence with the wider team;
- Contributing to new business pitches with research, ideas and insights and presenting to prospects;
- Supporting the development of junior colleagues as a coach and mentor.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Two to three years’ experience in a fast-moving and dynamic public affairs and communications agency setting
- Knowledge of UK politics and the media
- Experience working with corporate clients
- An ability to form strong client relationships based on exceptional client service and personal knowledge and expertise
- Strong presenting and writing skills
- Experience delivering integrated campaigns including stakeholder and public affairs activations, pitching to journalists and digital and social media strategies
- Organisational skills and the ability to contribute to multiple projects at any one time and meet deadlines.
- A commitment to ensuring the highest quality of delivery for clients, both in smaller details and in seeing the bigger picture
- A network of clients, peers, and influential stakeholders and a willingness to grow this network
- Knowledge of sector specific UK policies/legislation and their stakeholder ecosystems
It will be an added bonus if you can demonstrate:
- Experience of working with clients in the tech/digital, environment/sustainability, skills, or financial services sectors
- Confidence in managing digital and social media platforms for clients notably X/Twitter and LinkedIn
To apply, please send your CV (two pages maximum) and 1-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for Consultant position.
This role can be hybrid, with a minimum of three days a week at our modern and vibrant Chancery Lane office in central London.
We offer a competitive salary, plus competitive pension, bonus scheme, rewards scheme, charity programme, pro- and low-bono opportunities, personal development plan, and our comprehensive training programme. You will receive 28 days’ holiday plus an extra day for your birthday, as well as public holidays.
We are a fast-growing, award-winning international reputation management and policy advisory consultancy focused on building and establishing trust in the science and technology that can help address the global challenges faced by society and our planet.
We are trusted partners who use a campaigning approach to devise and deliver game-changing public affairs advocacy and strategic communications solutions.
We work with global companies, organisations, associations, and their leaders, and in doing so, advise some of the world’s largest, most influential companies on business-critical reputation challenges.
Our main offices are in London and Brussels, but our work is delivered by a diverse, multinational team based on three continents, speaking 15 languages with backgrounds in European and UK politics, change management, journalism, social and political campaigning, corporate communications, design, and psychology.
We pride ourselves on establishing relationships based on respect, courage, curiosity and collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients.